Asplundh Tree Expert, LLC
This position ensures the productivity of daily operations, working closely with management to determine recruiting/hiring needs, deadlines, and safety protocols to enforce among the crew. The Foreperson is responsible for troubleshooting routine job-site issues and engages all employees/contractors in required training, managing, and mentoring.
Are you a real go-getter looking for an amazing opportunity with a nationwide full-service-utility contractor offering competitive wages and incredible benefits? Keep reading because this job might be for you!
Since 1928, Asplundh has been dedicated to safe, efficient, and innovative line clearance services for the utility industry. Reliable, uninterrupted power is an important service provided by the world’s electrical utilities and Asplundh has the expertise to help keep the power flowing. Diversification over the years has opened up vegetation management services to other specialized markets such as municipalities, railroads, pipelines, helicopter vegetation services, and departments of transportation.
A family-owned and operated corporation headquartered near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Asplundh has grown to employ over 33,000 service professionals throughout the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand.
Job Type: Full-Time +, Non-Exempt
- Company Sponsored Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life, long-term/short-term disability insurance
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans, coordinates, and assigns daily work for the crew after receiving/interpreting orders from a General Foreperson/Supervisor.
- Conducts field training/retraining, instructing crew on new or revised job units.
- Enforces safe work practices, as experience, judgment, company policy, and OSHA specify and conducts safety training following company policies and procedures.
- Discusses with property owner/customer(s) issues such as obtaining access, power interruption, work to be done, responsibility for apparent property damage; refers controversial cases to the General Foreperson.
- Obtains oral or written permission from property owners to perform required work.
- Promotes and maintains good customer and public relations through effective completion of assigned work and the appropriate behavior of employees on the crew.
- May be delegated the authority to investigate incident reports, damage claims, etc., and to settle minor damage claims.
- Maintains accurate records, timesheets, and reports related to the performance of the crew operation.
- Controls crew costs, including effective use of people power, work methods, operation of equipment, etc.
- Furnishes General Foreperson and utility representative with reports of orders completed, units of work completed, crew time, minor damage repairs and distribution, etc.
- Periodically furnishes reports on incidents, truck breakdowns, private property damage, new employee follow-up, etc.
- Cooperates with customers, police, and fire departments when blocking streets or driveways.
- Sets up barriers, warning signs, flags, markers, etc., to protect employees and safeguard the public from hazards. In emergencies, determines the action to be taken to eliminate hazards to life and property.
- Inspects and makes or provides for necessary repairs to tools, trucks, and other equipment.
- Maintains good housekeeping on the truck and at the work location.
- Responsible for DOT maintenance and inspection requirements on all required vehicles.
- Keeps informed regarding new equipment, specifications, standard practices, operating procedures, and customer and company employee relations policies and practices, including EEO and AA policies. Requests repair or replacement, when necessary.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Requires the understanding of drawings and symbols representing lines, voltages, line equipment, etc.
- Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Must have organization skills and be able to multi-task.
- Must be capable of adjusting to field requirements and take independent action without close supervision.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
- Due to the capacity of existing equipment, the weight of the employee should not exceed approximately 300 pounds.
- Must have no fear of heights.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 1+ year of related industry experience required.
- Upon offer, employees may be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background, and/or MVR check.
License & Certifications:
- Driver License Required.
Must have transportation to and from the show-up location.
- RARE (less than 10%): crawling, climbing, gripping, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- OCCASIONAL (up to 33%): standing, stooping, kneeling, squatting, body-twisting, sense of touch, manual dexterity, lifting over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., reaching, range-of-motion, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, climbing stairs, balancing.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): walking, sitting, climbing on/off truck, reading, lifting up to 10 lbs.
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): speaking clearly, seeing distant, seeing, hearing-speech-range, depth-perception, color vision.
Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods, be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or 10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and communicate and handle conflict professionally.
- Works in proximity to energized power lines.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saw wood chipper, and other equipment with hearing protection.
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to nature, i.e., irritating plants and biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
- Works at varying heights above ground and on unlevel terrain.
- Must be able to walk, climb, and work from ladders, or at various heights, on uneven and slippery surfaces, performing mentally/physically demanding work under unfavorable weather conditions while handling equipment or material.
As a full-service utility contractor, Asplundh performs tree pruning and removals, right-of-way clearing and maintenance, vegetation management with herbicides, and emergency storm work and logistical support. Asplundh is the parent company of UtiliCon Solutions whose subsidiaries provide overhead and underground line construction, planning and design, meter reading and AMR/AMI installation, electrical testing, and street lighting/traffic signal services. Asplundh also operates Rotor Blade Airborne Utilities Management, overhead electric distribution, and transmission lines using MD 500 helicopters.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you want to view the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic – Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English
To see other positions, click here.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.