Fidare Health provides trusted behavioral health solutions to support community health clinics throughout Southern California. We contract with a team of behavioral health providers and support staff to provide direct patient care to our client’s patients.
Under direct supervision and within established scope of practice, assists the Behavioral Health Providers at Fidare Health as directed by FQHC policies and procedures in a clinic setting. This position is a blend of clinical and administrative duties that range from answering telephones, greeting patients, and explaining behavioral health procedures/services. Position encompasses assistance amongst different Behavioral Health specialties which include: Psychiatry, Therapy and Substance Use Disorder/Addiction Medicine.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Completes chart preparation and huddles with Provider to effectively plan for scheduled patients.
2. Performs routine clerical functions as assigned (i.e. data entry, answering, screening, and directing phone calls as needed and scheduling appointments).
3. Screenings include: PHQ9, GAD7, DAST, AUDIT, and others as needed
4. Completes outreach utilizing recall lists and implements standing protocols to address care gaps.
5. Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and verifies other pertinent information as required by specific clinic/program.
6. Documents pertinent patient information, procedures and patient responses in patients’ EHR, following established guidelines and maintaining patient confidentiality.
7. Documentation expectations include: In person interactions as well as phone interactions.
8. Assist Behavioral Health Provider in monitoring patients in the waiting room and assist with coordination of care.
9. Answers, screens and directs phone calls into department as needed.
10. Appropriately schedule and/or reschedule patients’ follow-up/consult appointments according to Providers’ recommendations.
11. Conducts follow-up phone calls to patients who “no show” to appointments and sends missed appointment letters if unable to reach them.
12. Manages appointment wait lists and promotes timely access to care.
13. Assists with all Behavioral Health patient referrals (i.e. in-house, outpatients, etc.).
14. Provide medication reconciliation as needed.
15. Provides information, education and support to patients and their families regarding behavioral health services.
16. Serve as liaison between patients, their families and BH clinical staff.
17. Facilitates scheduling of translation services when needed to optimize patient care.
Participates and responds, when assigned to clinical emergency codes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides coverage at all sites as needed within the clinic and various other SYHealth’s clinics. Provides coverage for Psychology providers (3 providers to 1 MA)
2. Assists in requesting, documenting and following up with record requests for BH specific purposes.
3. Documents and keeps accurate charting of patient care given as required by the department and SYHealth.
4. Assist with TARs and Prior Authorizations as needed.
5. Facilitate patient access to appropriate behavioral, medical and/or specialty providers.
6. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, and relevant training.
7. Attends Department meetings and training as required.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
1. High School diploma or GED.
2. Completion of a course of study consistent with the requirements for Medical Assistants as specified by the Medical Board of California.
3. Completion of externship required by Medical Assisting Program.
4. Current BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR or CPR/AED
1. Ability to read, write and comprehend medical information and terminology.
2. Ability to effectively present information, both verbal and written.
3. Demonstrated ability to use a personal computer.
4. Bilingual Preferred: Spanish, Tagalog, or Arabic Language
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $23.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- On-the-job training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
- Medical office
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Medical Assistant (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover//motivation letter where (vacanciesinturkey.com) you saw this job posting.